Coincidentally, today is exactly five years since the loss of the blindfold.
The purpose of this website has never been to position self as a ‘spiritual teacher’, because wisdom and maturity cannot be taught… to gain followers, because the thought of ‘following’ makes me shudder… to make ‘friends’ out of some imaginary sense of loneliness, because I never feel lonely…… to build ‘connections’ with ‘useful humans’ because I don’t do business with humans… to make a living by charging confused minds for ‘teaching’, because I consider this an outright fraud….. to pay back for some sense of wounded ‘love’, because the nature of my interest in Mr. McMordie’s story was never romantic….. to gain a feeling of moral and intellectual superiority, because I intimately know the direction in which we are all heading, and in there – superiority is naught.
The Enlightenment Myth website was set out to deliver one thing: to bring the information in line with Reality. And so people are holding their breath waiting for the name.
Consider the following:
- This is the latest from Reddit, while simultaneously relaying the information from the EM:
“Sadly, she has noticed that holding back the name of the author ensures a steady flow of visitors to her blog, to whom she can pretend to be enlightened herself and write nonsensical rants à la “angry enlightened women from the books” . Sad sad state of affair.”
2. This is the comment here on the EM on ‘business opportunities’:
“So Tano, I presume you will present to the eager audience proof of your discovery? As you have thus far on this site with McMordey.
I’m sure you could make money from this.. some clever software scratch card ticket which links to paypal. €20 to reveal his true identity with a few swipes of the mouse.“
3. This is the comment (among many similar) on the ‘finger versus the moon’:
“One point I got from Jed’s book is that obsession with the character or aspects of the story can be the veil that keeps one trapped in illusions, the veil to the truth. Not the truth of ‘which guest stole a cookie on the titanic’, but something way more interesting and important than that. “
4. This was sent to me in the last couple of days, preceded by insistence on communication and references to enlightened figures of the Muslim world:
One Final Word
I (who/what the fuck-ever I am) am ONLY talking to YOU (what / who ever you care to be) BECAUSE:
1. The Mission Statement on Enlightenmentmyth website.
2. Possibility of making that mission statement, particularly the last part, of making money – COLLABORATIVELY – between I and YOU.
Outside of these two Reasons, I don’t give a damn about your opinions, views, thoughts, assumptions or life.
:That is all.”
5. This is a Reddit comment, in a hurry to kick Jed in the teeth in light of the latest revelations:
“The books seem to be also lower and lower effort attempts to say the same thing. Each new book seems to be a parody of the previous ones (ah he was invited to give a talk in a classroom for reasons? in which a dialogue similar to the one with Maggie and his friend’s twins occurs, the person who invited him ends up losing her job).
The only remaining value of the books for me was that they were entertaining, funny and well written. Even that has progressively disappeared with each, visibly rushed, new release.
Time to definitely kill Jed McKenna.”
6. This is the comment praising the two ‘Jeds’ for their ‘humanity’ and cleverness:
“The irony is that both Jeds DO live up to the standards that they preach. They are neither holy nor wise. They are real people who see the world for what it is, and see humanity for what it is. Which means they have left all that idealized bullshit far behind long ago. And which means that they’re not stupid in how they conduct their affairs.”
- To those who praised Jed, but upon recent revelations indiscriminately kicked him in the teeth – the low level sensationalist aspect of the story is the ONLY part you grasped. You don’t need to know the rest.
- To those who are concerned only with ‘the message’ – keep gazing at the illusion of the moon. You don’t need to know the finger.
- To those who see ‘business opportunities’ – you failed to grasp the spirit of this website. You would sell your children down the river if the price were high enough. You don’t need my ‘business’.
- To those who admire the cleverness – well, you already ‘see’ humanity for what it is. You don’t need role models and their names.
- To those who feel privy to the knowledge and robbed of it – your sense of entitlement is misplaced. You contributed nothing but drama. You don’t need more drama.
I understand that people say a lot of things in the heat of the moment and driven by their inner emotional states. But being unconscious does not excuse one from being charged with stupidity, in the same way as being ignorant of the law does not grant one immunity from it.
The illusion is pretty much indestructible, even if, judging by the above comments, the EM did place a chink in the armour. Those few who do succeed in demolishing it inside own minds – do so DESPITE any teachings, rather than due to them. Jed knows that, however, the development of the Jed McKenna franchise into ‘trilogies’ and ‘talks’ placed him exactly in the same spot as every other spiritual dealer: a dependency on the customer base, with subsequent reluctance to really nail it how it is: how this world is. Jed does have a strong strategic advantage which mediates the effects of customer dependency: he does not communicate with his following.
A wish for remaining hidden is largely a result of feeling distaste at the state of human minds and humanity in general. Who in their right clear mind would want hordes of fucked up people to beat a path to one’s door? And please don’t tell me that the above examples are conveyed by sane human adults. Are they?
I know there are also many of you who are able to be objective and see the value in what has been done on this website. However, a few (many) bad apples make the entire human cart rotten.
Misanthropy so thinly veiled in Jed books – has valid reasons for existence. By having written the books ‘Jed’ has created a monster, and his instincts are right in avoiding any direct contact with his readers. I have come to share the feeling. So, in the name of that feeling and after having carefully considered the implications for the author…..
Note: I was once asked if I ever paid for any of Jed productions. No, never. I am a cheapskate. Sorry, Jed. Plenty will, so keep going and collect as much as you can, and the same for Kenneth.
I personally couldn’t, but…… why not? Go get ’em, boys. You know the score.